cookies

Friday, January 9, 2015

H A I R // Manic Panic vs. Ion Color Brilliance

I really don't know why I didn't use this dye sooner. I feel like such an idiot for wasting my time using any other dye. On a scale, the Color Jamz are the lowest quality followed by Ion Color Brilliance and Manic Panic being the best brand out of the three. The consistency of the dye was so much like normal dye it was so much easier to apply than the Ion and if you don't use up the entire pot you just put it back in! No wasting! Isn't that brilliant?!

So major differences between Ion (Blue) and Manic (Plum)
Consistency: VERY THICK versus liquidy
# of boxes/pots: because ion is very thick it normally takes about 3-4 boxes for when I have shorter hair versus one pot 
Cost: Approx $5 a box versus $10 (although this looks like manic is super expensive, it's actually cheaper since you'll use less)
Time (amount of time to apply): (again with my shorter hair) approx 1-1.5 hours versus 30-40 minutes!
Duration (how long it lasts): DEPENDS ON COLOR; so for pinks and lighter colors like 2-3 weeks, blues and purples 6-8 weeks versus ?? (not sure yet, I'll have to come back and update this since I just dyed my hair)

EITHER WAY, if you're at Sally's and you have to choose, go Manic Panic. If you really want that Mint color though, then stick with Ion. Unfortunately, I still think you'd be better off with Manic Panic no matter how much you like the color. If anyone has any other dyes they would recommend I'd love to try it out!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only kind words please.